The Hello Tomorrow Challenge is back! Launched in 2014, this challenge is a unique opportunity for European early stage startups to win the Grand Prize of EUR 100’000.-, and for 5 other startups to collect a EUR 15’000.- prize.
And the great news is that the 30 finalists will get free mentoring during 3 months by prominent tech figures!
Founded by French entrepreneurs Xavier Duportet and Arnaud De La Tour in 2011, Hello Tomorrow is a non-profit organization aiming at creating bridges between scientists, investors and entrepreneurs in all major technological fields.
The challenge is open to anyone trying to solve major problems with technology in the following categories:
- Foods & Agriculture
- Materials & Manufacturing
- Transport & Mobility
- Energy & Environment
- Information technologies
The conditions to apply are pretty simple:
- Your startup has to be less than 2 years old
- You should have received less than EUR 250k funding (equity/debt/grant)
- Your team has to count at least two members (good news is that you can find potential cofounder through Hello Tomorrow!)
What is the timeline of the challenge?
- Apply before February 28th 2015, 23:59:59 (CET);
- The selection will happen in March
- Mentoring program will last from March to June 2015
- The Finale will happen on June 26th in Paris in the “First Day of Tomorrow Conference”
Last year, 1’200 applications from 44 countries applied to the challenge, and 2 Swiss companies were selected in the 30 finalists: Flyability and G-Therapeutics. Vincent Delattre, founding CEO of G-Therapeutics, who scored EUR 15k, said:
The spirit of the event was amazing. A TED-talk atmosphere: future-oriented, a lot of enthusiam and optimism!
Learn more about it… Or better: seize the opportunity to apply to The Hello Tomorrow Challenge!