First of all, I wanted to wish you a Happy New Year (I think we can still say it until mid-January)! Hopefully, the Christmas break was the opportunity to relax (aka SLEEP!), spend time with family & friends and refill the batteries!
Today is a very special day for me… Exactly 4 years ago, I wrote my first ever blog post. My initial idea was just to share knowledge and insights I was collecting in my startup journey. And get to know new people, connect them and bring my little contribution to the development of the Swiss startup scene.
I committed to blog at least once a week (I know: I was less regular these past few months ;-)!) and tried to go the lean way:
- Find a name that express my blog and myself (not simply my name!): startupolic was the right choice (I can say it 4 years later!).
- Ask a friend for a simple logo
- Select and set-up a simple, free tool (tumblr – which I used during 3 years, before going more professional => WordPress). And set-up the necessary analytics to see if what I wrote was interesting to somebody!
- Write my first post and publish it wherever I could.
- Track the analytics (discouraging at the beginning) and trying to understand the audience
- Respond to comments
- List ideas of future articles, find inspiration, learn from other bloggers (READ x READ x READ)
- Write articles persistently
Simply said: Build, Measure, Learn. And starting again!
Hereafter, you’ll find an exclusive infographic about 4 years of startupolic.com. Don’t hesitate to give me your feedback!