As you may have seen if you’re following startups trends worldwide, fintech is quite a hot topic. And it’s not different in Switzerland (check this and this post). Of course, because Switzerland (in a whole) is one of the biggest financial hubs in the world. And things are moving, and it’s great to see this happening!
Swiss FinteCH is a non-profit association with members connected to the local ecosystem and a common aim to promote the Swiss FinTech scene.
Swiss FinteCH is an independent member-based association which aims to serve as the hub for #swissfinteCH. The group is volunteer-led and engages with partners (i.e. corporates, associations, government, etc) to pursue its goals, like:
- Balancing with the neutrality interests of members from startups, investors, industry, government, etc.
- Connecting Swiss FinTech to leading global centers
- Offering meaningful information and content, such as directories, reports, etc.
- Advocating and mediating for a more supportive business, regulatory, and innovation environment
- Strengthening Switzerland as a Financial Centrebutors, volunteers, and advisory board members.
First project of the association is the “Swiss FinTech Pitch”competition, which will reward one startup with CHF 10’000.- on August 27th.
Applications process runs until August 24th and 10 top FinTech startups from Switzerland will be on stage to get feedback from a panel of 5 leading investors, fintech experts local and international media. Yann Ranchere, from Anthemis, will hold a keynote and panel discussions will include FINMA or SBA,.
The association also launched a survey, which results will be published on August 27th in Zürich and froim whichSwiss FinteCH will extract a serie of recommendations for its next activities.
So… if you’re a fintech startup… what are you waiting to apply (on short notice, OK) and hopefully… score?!?